Sökning: "international development"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 2638 uppsatser innehållade orden international development.
1. “Development is the new Peace”: A case study on Pastoral Social Pasto’s role as a local actor in the peacebuilding process in the Colombian region of NariñoMaster-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för globala studier
Sammanfattning : The aim of this study is to analyze the role of Pastoral Social Pasto as a case of a local actor within the peacebuilding process in the Colombian region Nariño. Colombia suffered from an internal armed conflict that endured over five decades. LÄS MER
2. THE CRITICAL ROLE OF A NON-HEALTHCARE APPROACH TO MATERNAL MORTALITY REDUCTION Qualitative insights from Rwanda’s successMaster-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : Maternal mortality is one of the most critical contemporary development challenges as itaccounts for a substantial number of deaths every year, despite the fact that we today havethe medical knowledge to prevent it. Sub-Saharan Africa is the most affected region,accounting for more than half of the world’s maternal deaths. LÄS MER
3. Bearing of the International System in a south-south cutting-edge free trade agreement: The case of the free trade agreement between Uruguay and ChileMaster-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för globala studier
Sammanfattning : Uruguay signed a cutting-edge free trade agreement with Chile that triggered political discussions on the impact it would have on Uruguay’s development. This agreement is the first bilateral trade instrument framed under Uruguay’s current international economic and trade insertion strategy, and serves as a case study to examine the bearing of the International System on that strategy, on the instruments Uruguay pursues to further it, and on the country’s future development prospects. LÄS MER
4. Does the Substance over Form approach implemented as a result of the BEPS package reconciles the Permanent Establishment definition with the existence of economic allegiances?Magister-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Institutionen för handelsrätt
Sammanfattning : The Permanent Establishment (PE) concept plays a key role in the distribution of taxing rights between States by determining when the profits derived by an entity are taxable in a State other than the State of its residency. This concept, originally, evidenced the existence of sufficient economic allegiances between a non-resident entity and a State to justify taxation therein. LÄS MER
- Magister-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Institutionen för geovetenskaper
Sammanfattning : The current trend of emissions from the transport sector is unsustainable. To increase cycling mitigates these emissions, while also actively promoting health and alleviating congestion within cities. LÄS MER