Sökning: "societal functions"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 122 uppsatser innehållade orden societal functions.
- Master-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Institutionen för geovetenskaper
Sammanfattning : Droughts can have far-reaching and devastating effects on all sectors of society and ecology and future changes to drought and flood patterns are uncertain. This uncertainty has led to a lax response from local officials in dealing with mitigation and adaptation, particularly in Sweden. LÄS MER
2. THE CONTRADICTORY ROLE OF THE INTERNET IN AUTOCRACIES Exploring differences between reactive and proactive online repressionMaster-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : Ever since the early days of the Internet the “freedom of the Internet” has been a subject for debate. Is it characterized by an anti-authoritarian ideology that fosters public dissent and challenges the authoritarian rule? Or are autocrats using modern technology for their own illiberal purposes? Recent research argues that viewing modern communication technology asinherently liberative or repressive undermines the fact that the Internet functions in a constantly evolving political context. LÄS MER
3. Vatten känner inga gränser: En studie om planerares upplevelse av ansvarsfördelning och samordning gällande klimatanpassningKandidat-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet / Institutionen för ekonomi och samhälle
Sammanfattning : Gothenburg is a waterfront city. Due to climate change, this proximity to water leads to an ever-higher risk of flooding. If nothing is done, the city risks severe economic and social consequences due to flooding. To reduce the risks, there is a need to adapt and implement measures for flood protection. LÄS MER
- Kandidat-uppsats, Malmö universitet/Institutionen för Urbana Studier (US)
Sammanfattning : In December of 2019, the city of Wuhan in China reported an outbreak of a high number of pneumoniacases (Bassareo, 2020). The SARS-CoV-2 Virus (severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2)started to cause disturbance in societal functions, eventually leading to anomalous infection controlmeasures. LÄS MER
5. ACCOMMODATION, CONTENTION, AND TRANSFORMATION – MAPPING THE FIELD OF GREEN TRANSITION POLITICS IN DENMARK FROM 2007 to 2020Master-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Sociologiska institutionen; Lunds universitet/Sociologi
Sammanfattning : Climate change has become an all-encompassing problem as CO2 accumulating in the atmosphere sets the pace of temperature increases in our rapidly warming world. In attempting to make society ‘green,’ environmental movements have pursued different strategies through different political constellations. LÄS MER