Sökning: "the Libyan crisis"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 10 uppsatser innehållade orden the Libyan crisis.
1. Nutshell Paragraphs, Fact-Base or Propaganda: How Do Nutshell paragraphs in five news media reflect an international crisis?Magister-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/JMG - Inst f journalistik och masskomm
Sammanfattning : Abstract Thesis: 15 hp Program and/or course: Master’s program in Investigative Journalism (MIJ), Master´s thesis in Investigative Journalism, JU2603 Level: Second Cycle Semester/year: St/2023 Supervisor: Mathias Färdigh Examiner: Annika Bergström Keyword: The nut graph, the nutshell paragraph, the nut graf, fact, propaganda, agenda setting, comparative analysis, content analysis, international crisis, the Libyan crisis, NATO, journalism, journalist, editor, editorial manipulation, newspaper, TV, media, news media, Swedish news media, print news media, news writing, audience, Global Times, Dagens Nyheter, Rossiyskaya Gazeta, the Guardian, the New York Times. Purpose: The aim of the study is to conduct a comparative analysis of the contents of nut graphs written by five print news media outlets: Dagens Nyheter, Global Times, Rossiyskaya Gazeta, The Guardian, and The New York Times, regarding the Libyan crisis, in order to examine whether they set media agendas through the nut graph. LÄS MER
2. Early American Foreign Policy Towards the Syrian Conflict Captured Through Two Mainstream U.S. News Organizations. A Multidisciplinary Content Analysis of Fox News and CNN News ArticlesMaster-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för journalistik, medier och kommunikation
Sammanfattning : The CNN and Fox news articles conveyed to us multiple aspects of the situation in Syria. Through the analysis of the media published articles, the magnitude of the Syrian people suffering is evident to be substantial. The media framed many interacting local, regional and international factors that displayed to us the complexity of the conflict. LÄS MER
3. The EU as a “force for good”: 15 years of ENP and a few years of “crisis”; Where is the stable and democratic neighbourhood?Kandidat-uppsats, Malmö universitet/Fakulteten för kultur och samhälle (KS)
Sammanfattning : This thesis is an attempt to analyse whether the EU can be conceived as a “force for good” in the world, where through its actions in its surroundings, EU is very eager to take a role as a “Normative Power”, and to be conceived as a model for integration and democracy.This thesis is looking at this narrative from two different perspectives. LÄS MER
4. Italian Deterrence Policies: An examination of the State´s non-entrée policies in response to the migration crisisUppsats för yrkesexamina på avancerad nivå, Lunds universitet/Juridiska institutionen; Lunds universitet/Juridiska fakulteten
Sammanfattning : The migration crisis of 2015 started when an unprecedented influx of irregular migrants arrived in the EU from the global south. The response from the countries of destination was increased securitization and policies aimed at deterring migrant crossings over the Mediterranean Sea and entering the EU, so called policies of non-entrée. LÄS MER
5. Creating the threat and ignoring the response: A critical comparison of discursive motivation within resolutions concerning Libya and SyriaKandidat-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : In the spring of 2011, the populations in Libya and Syria rose against their governments, taking part in what would become known as the Arab Spring. The similarities of the two countries’ situations were striking, however the international response to the burgeoning crises diverged greatly. LÄS MER