Sökning: "Strategic Autonomy"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 61 uppsatser innehållade orden Strategic Autonomy.
1. From Bondage to Advocacy : Gender, Double Consciousness and Abolitionist Persuasion in Harriet Jacobs’ Incidents in the Life of a Slave Girl.Kandidat-uppsats, Karlstads universitet
Sammanfattning : The purpose of this essay is to explore how the interplay between gender and double consciousness is used as a rhetorical device in Harriet Jacobs’ autobiographical narrative “Incidents in the Life of a Slave Girl” (1861). Through a feminist theoretical lens and the concept of double consciousness I provide examples from the text illustrating Jacobs’ strategic use of different narrative techniques to convey her abolitionist message. LÄS MER
2. Conceptualising European Strategic Autonomy : A Qualitative Content Analysis of ESA Understandings in Finland and SwedenMaster-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : European Strategic Autonomy (ESA) has become one of the key concepts in the European security debate. Its essential meaning is that European states need to collectively ensure their autonomy to act independently of external parties in the wake of unfolding geopolitical shifts, such as Russia’s invasion of Ukraine. LÄS MER
3. EUROPE’S QUEST FOR STRATEGIC AUTONOMY - A Liberal Intergovernmentalism Approach to the Initiatives of the CSDP introduced amidst the Russian Invasions of Ukraine (2014 and 2022)Magister-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : In a rapidly evolving geopolitical landscape marked by the Russian invasions of Ukraine between 2014 and 2022, the European Union’s security and defence policy approaches have garnered significant attention. This research critically examines the adaptations within the European Union’s Common Security and Defense Policy (CSDP) initiatives in this context. LÄS MER
4. Unraveling EU’s Strategic Autonomy - Analysing the EU’s Path to Independence amidst Global InterconnectionsKandidat-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Ekonomisk-historiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : This thesis investigates the EU’s strategic autonomy which refers to the EU’s strive for increased independence without having to rely on other countries in important policy areas. EU strategic autonomy was introduced in 2013 and has become a higher priority due to recent geopolitical changes. LÄS MER
5. Adapting to Extreme Weather Events : - Addressing Flood Risks Through Planning and Policy in NamibiaMaster-uppsats, Blekinge Tekniska Högskola/Institutionen för fysisk planering
Sammanfattning : This master thesis investigates planning initiatives to address extreme weather events' impacts, specifically focusing on floods in Namibia. The study highlights the significance of such events in the context of global climate change, emphasising their adverse effects on livelihoods, particularly in rural communities and informal settlements. LÄS MER