Sökning: "The New York Times"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 101 uppsatser innehållade orden The New York Times.
- Master-uppsats, KTH/Hållbar utveckling, miljövetenskap och teknik
Sammanfattning : Air pollution affects the environment negatively, boosts climate change, and is the cause of millions of deaths per year, first and foremost affecting the people living in urban areas. Since the early 20th century, many cities have been planned around cars, which are the main contributors to the bad air quality. LÄS MER
2. Cold War Politics and Sports : Ice Hockey Competitions and the Image of the USSR in Western Mass MediaMaster-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Institutionen för informatik och media
Sammanfattning : The notion that politics and sport should not be mixed together have been a common notion throughout the 20th century. Nevertheless, the fact that sport is political has continuously been revealed and apparent, in particular during the period of the Cold War. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Rättssociologiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : The 2020 Black Lives Matter protests brought national attention to the issue of police brutality against black Americans. Across the US, millions of people participated in the protests. This study was conducted with the aim to study news coverage of those events from a socio-legal perspective. LÄS MER
4. Online Threats to Journalists in Sweden and the US : An investigation into the orgnizational protections of journalists in an era of outrage-cultureMagister-uppsats, Södertörns högskola
Sammanfattning : The growing presence of social media in our modern-day world has changed the nature of journalism, as the introduction of Twitter as a tool in modern newsrooms has introduced new threats against journalists. This subject of Twitter in the newsroom has been thoroughly researched in the past; however, the research has largely been quantitative and the consequences of the behavior of journalists using Twitter somewhat less explored. LÄS MER
5. FRAMING VACCINES IN THE MEDIA. An examination of the United States media coverage of the Measles, Mumps and Rubella vaccine and the Human Papillomavirus vaccineMaster-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för journalistik, medier och kommunikation
Sammanfattning : This study examines the news coverage in two different online media outlets, the New York Times and Fox News, in their reporting on two different vaccines, the Human Papillomavirus (HPV) and the measles, mumps and rubella vaccine (MMR). It uncovers media frames in the respective outlets in order to evaluate if political divides in attitudes towards the respective vaccines can be attributed to the media portrayals in these outlets. LÄS MER